UniControl Inc. has a long history of service to customers in institutional, industrial and commercial markets through its Hays Cleveland and Cleveland Controls divisions.
Hays Cleveland originated as Hays Corporation, which was founded in Chicago in 1901 and relocated to Michigan City, Indiana, in 1918. There it merged with Republic Flow Meters in 1972 to become Hays Republic.
Cleveland Fuel Equipment Company was founded in 1942 in Cleveland, Ohio. In 1958, the company name was changed to Cleveland Controls, Inc., and it moved into the facility at 1111 Brookpark Road where it remains today.
Hays Republic and Cleveland Controls reorganized as divisions of UniControl Inc. during 1994. The combustion control product lines of the Hays Republic division and the Cleveland Controls division were consolidated as Hays Cleveland, while the air switch product line remained under the Cleveland Controls brand.
Today, UniControl Inc. is a process controls and instrumentation manufacturer with corporate headquarters, sales, manufacturing, order processing, and engineering functions located at the central facility in Cleveland, Ohio.
Industries Served by Hays Cleveland Combustion Control Products include:
- Commercial and Industrial Markets: fire-tube & water-tube boiler applications.
- Federal & State Institutions: control and instrumentation systems and services.
- Utility Markets: systems, controls, analyzers, recorders, and indicators.
- Process, Mechanical, and Automotive Markets: custom products for private industry.
- Industries Served by Cleveland Controls Air Pressure Switch Products include:
- HVAC & Energy Management: air flow and air pressure proving applications.
- Food Service: monitor and control cooking and refrigeration equipment.
- Comfort & Recreation: air-supported structures, fan operation, UV cleaners and pool heaters.
- Clean Rooms: monitor and control pressurized enclosures such as rooms, cabinets and instrument cases.